Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grammyzzzz (barely/sorta live blogging)

Coolest Grammy Moment: Jay Z, TI, Lil Wayne and Kanye AND a very,very pregnant M.I.A. singing 'swaggera like us'!! AND M.I.A. is due to have her baby TODAY so watching her bounce all over the stage in basically see through black stockings covered in patches of black and white polka dots was awesome in many ways!

ETA: (2 mins later) JM won! I will still not give it coolest moment as even JM cannot compete with the sheer visual marvel that was M.I.A. (well, he's a visual marvel in other ways) but it is a cool moment indeed.

Ok and the Radiohead performance was nothing to sneeze at either. Quite brill.

Ok, ok moving on....

Uncoolest Grammy moment: The Jonas Brothers reducing Stevie Wonder to a shrill, shrieking mess - Stevie, why??? Closely followed by Miley Cyrus- it is not a generation gap thing- she is a very poor singer. Period.

P.S. The Grammy's just make me laugh- how can Alison Krauss and Robert Plant still be sweeping these awards with so much more interesting and innovative music around? Total time warp.

Now its over, I just want to say - snooooozefest (apart from the things I mentioned and maybe Coldplay and Jay Z. And even that was stretching it. )

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the report light light- i'm sorry i missed it. thank gosh for you tube!

chanbong said...

radiohead was awesome. period.

Lightlight said...

Agreed. If M.I.A. had not been so resplendent I would say no competition for Radiohead.

Unknown said...

come on light light where's your live oscar blogging!?!?!

Unknown said...

wtf? since when do my comments need blog owner approval!? this is an outrage!!!

Anonymous said...

I know Heather- i have no idea how it happened but it is a total outrage....specially to my most loyal commentor/reader. I will send you some courtesy drinks/presents as an apology (like a good business person)